Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Crocs, alligators, frogs....the shoe.

>


I have personally witnessed the popularity of a weird little shoe move too international size interest. I was working at the local pool store when we received our first shipment of the unusual shaped shoes. I can remember thinking I wonder how the public will take to these. The first example was from the other employees. Everybody hated these crazy clogs. I had come from a history of culinary arts and kitchen footwear so this was not unusual footwear for me. In fact I made the first purchase after we setup the racks in the store. They where very comfortable and most interesting was there lite weight. We had the shoes in our stores for about 2 years before the craze really happened. We sold out of the first cases of shoes over two years. Near the end we thought that this shoe idea was over and that we would end our stock. Then a huge demand for the shoes showed up all over town. People would call on the phone and enter the store just long enough to check colors and sizes. I started seeing them on the younger generation. Boat stores would stand by there great tac on a boat. Everyone was consumed about these shoes. Rumors mentioned there popularity had spread to the big city. People described the craze as a box of Skittles exploded on the streets of New York. I still wonder if anybody really likes the way they look or if it is just a perfect example of our minds being conjured into a fad. I'm on my second pair. The originals are still going, they've just been passed down. As far as the shoe company that started this wild ride. There going strong and still growing. International sales in 2006 have sky rocketed them even bigger. The model line has increased with many models of available styles. You can get Disney edition or even your favorite college team. They also have a huge sponsorship with the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour. It was fun to watch a company with a good idea start from zero. They sold the first pairs they ever made at the Miami International Boat Show within the first few days. I bet they had no idea what was about to be instore for them. Congatulations.






3 comments:

Tracy said...

I have one pair and one pair on the way....I love them.....and Jibitz too.

Anonymous said...

You are so right; I thought they were the ugliest things I had ever seen, I'm getting in to them now though...I love them for camping.

Anonymous said...

wearing alligators shoes make you so much fun,for me this is the coolest things I had ever seen.