Monday, April 23, 2007

Certified junk. Thank you, come again.

After leaving Books a Million, I decided to wander into Big Lots for some super glue gel that I needed for some coral propagating I would be doing later. After making my way through the endless isles of junk, I realized how fooled as consumers we can be by the idea of big savings. I found super glue gel near the office supply isle. After checking out the specs on the package I noticed at the bottom the official Big Lots logo from the store. This obviously was a special made product just for Big Lots. After wandering through several others isles I noticed a high percentage of products in the store had the Big Lots logo place right on the front. I guess there is a similar trend happening at many of the dollar stores. At one time when you entered a store like this you where on an adventure to find that over looked super bargain hiding on the shelf everyone passed by. Yes, most of the time the items you sifted through where nothing more than junk they didn't sell at the big fancy stores. Now, the unfound deals aren't really there. The junk is readily available, but it is even worse than before. Because it's not left overs, it's produced on purpose junk! Anyways the fun began when I got too the check out line. One register open! So there was 6 people in line waiting, so they decided to open another register. This caused an absolute cluster, which resulted in me throwing the super glue on the register rack and exiting the building without purchase. People have no respect! Everyone is in such a hurry to get things done regardless of who or what is around them. I always hear the statement about "respect your elders". Let me tell you something, since living in Florida with the majority of "elders" I have learned a few things. Sure I have a good moral fiber that keeps me within the appropriate actions towards my elders, but outside of this I lose care for there respect. It seems many of them feel they have achieved the right to do whatever they want regardless of how they treat others around them. This is not right. Gone is the days of old when "elders" where respectful to the youth and where always caught doing something right and kind. Its a fast paced world out there, including our elders. They can be as aggressive and dangerous as the rest. I will add one foot note to this subject, a large portion of the "elders" in Florida are from New Jersey or New York. Do you think that has anything to do with it? Hmmmm

Sorry about the negative blog, but things needed to be said. Oh and check back about the mention above of "coral propagation".

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Well, I totally know what you are talking about....and in those cases, I never can decide if I want to set my stuff down and leave....in frustration. OR if I want to tough it out and just be the noticeably better person.

Looking foward to hearing about the coral propagation....