Sunday, May 13, 2007

Oranges, Lemons, Peaches, APPLE

Well I have taken on a new project. I have always wanted to learn the Apple line of Mac computers. I haven't been exposed to these computers very much, so there is definatley a learning curve ahead. The reason: just to broaden my abilities for future jobs I wanted to learn the basic ins and outs of the operating system. The easiest way for me to make this happen is to get my grubby hands on one of these beautiful machines. Well, thanks to my wonderful girlfriend who works for an Apple based company I have been blessed from her IT department with not just a Mac but a G4 Powerbook. Its a beautiful piece of art crafted from aluminum and sports a huge 15" widescreen display. I will admit that if PC's looked this good then you wouldn't have anybody looking at any other choices. I don't know why one of the mainstream PC producers hasn't copied the looks and tried to capture some of the people looking for a pretty PC. The computer in the PC world that even comes close would probably be the Sony VAIO. Anyways, I also have picked up my favorite starting book, Mac OS X for dummies. I find these books to be the perfect intro to any software because of the common language they use and the easy to follow outline. For the next two weeks I will be trying to do most of my work on this computer in order to force feed my learning. So as you read this post I am using the Powerbook for this very entry. It seems so foreign to me compared to my natural ability in Windows. However I can see that after just a short time I will be well on my way to enjoying the Mac life.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

No.......don't convert. LOL ! Just kidding. I hope you still have it when I come down so I can check it out too.....or if you would ever come to Texas, you could bring it.

Anyway, have fun with it.