Tuesday, May 8, 2007

How many more Joe's are there?

I was looking at some of the domain names I own through registerfly.com the other day. I haven't done anything with these sites but have decided upon there renewal I will be transferring them too godaddy.com hosting. I have heard many good things about the company and enjoy there affiliation with IRL racing league. In case you don't know, they sponsor the car that Danika Patrick drives in the IRL. Yes, a smoking hot girl driving an Indy car, it doesn't get much better than that.


I currently do not own a domain name that features my own name. At some point I would like to have a web page based on my name that could link people to the different email addresses, blogs, and other such interaction devices. My first thought was to just try for josephschneider.com No luck that name is already taken. So after trying a few other choices I decided to take a look at the site for josephschneider.com It happens to be someones personal website. There is a limited amount of information on his site but enough to get a glimpse into his life. Its very weird to look upon another human that travels around there home as the same name as you. Each time this person introduces himself he uses the same name as me. Every time he starts to sign a receipt he thinks the same letter process as I do. I guess if I had a name like John Smith it wouldn't be so unusual but I have been graced with a name that I don't run into all that often. You might be thinking that Joe is a very common name, but in fact I have found that without the last name Schneider most Joe's are very different in nature. Joe seems to be a favorite name of Italians. The Italian demeanor is very different from my German lineage.


So have you looked up you name as a domain name to see if there is somebody out there operating just as you do. Its pretty weird stuff. The owner of josephschneider.com likes Star Wars, Disney, Cake Decorating ,and he is a web developer.


Until next time......


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I BET HIS MIDDLE NAME IS NOT FERDINAND!

Tracy said...

I agree with mom, I bet his middle name is not Ferdinand....but it is weird that he has some of the same interests as you.

I did look up my domain name and it also looks like a personal web page but it jst has pictures, no links or anything.