Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pirates 3....Come on Calypso.....

I recently went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean. I have been a big fan of the Pirate movies since there inception, this is partly do to my family obsession with Disney World. I really enjoyed the movie but realize that it was much different than the previous releases. Many people have ridiculed the plot line not offering more excitement. I am always entertained by a movie so I don't like to critique story's too much. The definite problem I had with the movie was with the character Calypso. Throughout the movie they depicted the story of Calypso and Davey Jones. I think they portrayed a larger than life creature from the ocean in Calypso's pre-human form. So as the movie ended and Calypso was released form her curse by the pirate board, I anticipated the arrival of what bad ass creature to reek havoc on the arsenal of boats on the seas that day. Up arose from the deck of the boat a giant version of Calypso's body, followed by a transformation into a hundred million crabs that descended there way off the boat into the depths below. What came of this transformation to battle all the pirates that did her wrong for so many years under the curse......a giant...whirlpool...... This is the only disappointing part of the movie for me, but was very anti climatic. Don't miss the chance to see it in the theaters, the visual experience is always better on the big screen! Till next time, yo ho yo ho, a pirates life for me.

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah! Here's the review I was loking for. You should try the new Pirates of the Caribbean ride at WDW. They've added Jack Sparraw, Captain Barbarosa, and Davey Jones.

Tracy said...

Harry - you must not know Joey very well, of course he has already been on the ride at WDW....hee hee !!

Loved the movie. Did you stay for the bonus scene after the credits ??