Thursday, May 11, 2006

Oh!, how your opinion of school changes after 28 years!

That's right, I am back at school. I started my classes this week at Edison Community College. I was taking three classes for the summer term. As follows:

1. College Algebra MAC1105
2. Composition I ENC1101
3. Micro-Computer Skills

Unfortunately at the last minute my college canceled my micro class, due to lack of entries. Hopefully they will be rescheduling this for the second half of summer. I was looking forward to this very basic computer class to keep me tied with my major for the summer term. I will be pursuing an associates degree in networking services technology. That's right, I'm going to be a computer nerd. I guess its about time, I have a pretty good nack for these sometimes aggravating machines. It seems to be a pretty good career to get into, if you enjoy it. English for the summer term is 3 hours and 20 minutes long, weeeehw. That's a long class. Math is 1 hour and 30 minutes, which goes by pretty fast after you've been in English for 3+ hours. :) I think both will be good classes for me to start my college off with. I really enjoy my professors and look forward to seeing how well I do. I will keep my progress posted as the summer moves along. Until the first A! Buenos Tardes!

Edison

3 comments:

Tracy said...

YEAH ! You get started and I graduate tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to seeing your school work and activities while I am there.

I'm trying to decide if I want to take a summer internet course....we'll see.

JoLynn said...

Way to go Joe! Have fun in school! and don't skip any classes! :P

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for giving school a go again. I guess it takes my kids a while to grow up and realize what's important; that being education. I know you'll do well.